Looking to buy a house, condominium, apartment building or a commercial property? Having problems finding out where that water leak is coming from? Need to check on remodeling work being done to your house? Do you have any kind of problem or question about your property? We can help.
Consider us your House Geeks.
We offer a complete range of home inspection services:
- Seller’s Pre-Listing Inspection
- Buyer’s Pre-Purchase Inspection
- Home Energy Audit Inspection
- Split Faced Block Building Certification
- Water Intrusion Consultation
- Custom Builder’s Phased Construction
- Thermal Imaging (Infrared) Home Inspection
- New Construction Inspection
- 12 Month Builder’s Warranty Inspection
- Condo Association Transition Inspection
- Commercial Inspection
- Mold / Radon / Pests /Asbestos
If you have any questions about home inspections or how to pick a professional home inspector, even if you don’t hire us, please give us a call. No charge. First, and foremost, we are here to help.
Consider the fact that hiring a Home Inspector is unlike any other type of service. You, really, never actually even meet your inspector until after you have already retained his services. How do make sure that you are making the best choice? How do you know you can trust your inspector?
At Decker Home Services, we believe that we do it right. Here’s why:
- We are a family company, not a big franchise. You get personal service and are treated like family.
- Home inspections are all we do. We don’t repair or fix homes, we just inspect them. We have no conflict of interest (although we can recommend various contractors who we know, personally.)
- We employ Certfied Master Inspectors, the highest professional designation in the industry.
- We work with, but not for, Realtors or Sales Agents We represent only for the client. Some Realtors will recommend ‘easy’ inspectors, who won’t lose them their commission. We are not ‘easy’. We are thorough and complete, without being ‘nit-picky’. We work, only, for you. Our job is to fully educate you about the condition of the property.
- We provide personal service and you are always able to talk, directly, to the owner if you have any questions or concerns.
- We pride ourselves on our services, not just during the inspection, but for as long as you own your new home. Almost 20% of our time is spent just answering questions and serving our clients after the inspection, at no additional cost.
- We use the latest techniques, the newest tools, including thermal imaging and MATS testing for all inspections, at no additional charge, and write a complete, custom, narrative report, including color pictures and diagrams, so you are clear about any issues.
- We have a long list of satisfied customers and we work hard to keep it that way.
Your home is more than just an investment, it is where your family will grow, learn and laugh together, for many years to come. It is where your family will LIVE! You want your new home, above all, to be safe. Secondarily, but just as important, we want your new house to retain its value for years to come. We strive to educate you about your new home.
Having your new home completely inspected by a thorough and professional home inspector can save you thousands of dollars and years of aggravation.
In short, we care, now and will continue to be there, for you, in the long run.
We are also full members of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI), state licensed, fully certified and we have over 20 years experience in home construction, maintenance, remodeling, repair and property management. We are ‘house geeks’.
Why trust yourself to those old ‘legacy’ inspectors, who do quickie inspections, use only a “screwdriver and a flashlight”, provide only cheap, non-informative ‘checklist’ inspection reports and then are gone?
We are professionals who do complete inspections (average 2 – 4 hours), use the latest technology, answer all your questions, address all your concerns, produce full color, narrative reports, include free pre-closing walk-through verification inspections and provide perpetual free phone consultation for ANY reason, after the inspection.
Why should you settle for anyone but the best?
Home Inspections in: Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Morton Grove, Glenview, Glencoe, Wilmette, Winnetka, Kenilworth, Northbrook, Northfield, Golf, Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Niles, Highland Park, Mundelein, Lincolnwood, Mount Prospect and the North Shore area.