William Decker, CPI, CMI
Please compare our qualifications to other Home Inspectors when considering who you will trust with your new home.
Decker Home Services is a Full Service Home Inspection company, based in Skokie, Illinois and serving Chicago and the Northern Suburbs. We specialize in all styles of residential, rental, investor and light commercial property inspections.
Whether you are buying or selling a condo, a single family ranch, a split level, an older fixer-upper or a brand new, 29,000+ sq. ft. mansion, we know and have inspected them all. We also do professional consultations with Architects, for water intrusion leaks, and other construction problems. We have extensive experience in inspecting investment, commercial and House of Worship properties.
We have the tools, knowledge, techniques, education and experience to fully inform you of the condition of your home.
- We have more than 20 years experience with property management, home repair and construction standards and methods.
Over 6,500 pre-purchase home inspections performed.
- Our Owner, Will Decker, is the Past President of the Chicagoland Chapter of the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors, the world’s largest Home Inspection Association. He was also chosen as the 2006 NACHI Member of the Year out of 10,000 inspectors in the U. S. and Canada.
- Will Decker is also a Charter Member and serves on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Home Inspectors Association.
- He is also a Certified Master Inspector, the highest professional designation in the industry.
- We mentor and teach other, newly licensed inspectors. We also write and teach continuing education courses for home inspectors.
- We have extensive education and experience in all aspects of residential construction, including Foundation, Structure, Roofing, Water Penetration, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning), Electrical, Plumbing, Exterior / Interior Evaluation and Insulation.
- All our inspectors have successfully completed the Illinois State Licensing exam as well as the National Home Inspector Exam.
- We are Licensed by the State of Illinois and must, by Law, complete 12 hours of state-approved continuing education each license period to retain that license. We regularly exceed this requirement by three to four times.
- We not only inspect, we also teach and mentor newly licensed inspectors. We also regularly answer questions from other inspectors from around the entire country and Canada. We have also written and taught State of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee and Texas licensed continuing education courses, required for keeping home inspection licenses.
- We use the latest tools and techniques, including electrical circuit analyzers, combustible gas and carbon monoxide detectors and thermal imaging, mold sampling and environmental testing. We do a complete inspection.
- We are Full Members of the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) and must complete an additional 24 hours of continuing education each year. NACHI is the largest Professional Home Inspector Association in the United State, Canada and other countries. Members must pass 3 separate examinations, each year (Technical Expertise, Standards and Practices and Code of Professional Ethics) to gain and keep our membership.
- We meet and exceed the State of Illinois Home Inspection Standards of Practice and the Standards of Practice of all National Home Inspection Associations. We also, regularly, exceed the state required hours for continuing education, keeping up-to-date on all the new advances in Home Building.
- The detail and quality of our Narrative Inspection Reports is unmatched and includes color photographs and diagrams. Our reports have been referred to by one of the top Real Estate Lawyers in the Chicago area as “simply the most thorough and complete Home Inspection Report I have ever seen”.
We ask that you keep this in mind when deciding who to trust to inspect your home.